Apply | Price list | Japanese Language lnstitute MANABI



About VISA

For Those Who Consider to Study over 6 Months (with the maximum of 2 years)

If you apply for our university prep or other courses which are designated as courses for our student visa support and the duration of your study is between 6 months to 2 years, you can apply for a student visa as well. Application of the student visa is to be done with that of admission to MANABI at the same time, and you are supposed to apply visa to the Immigration through our school with sending school certificates of applicant’s educational background as well as those identifying financial situations.
Please note that it takes long like 5 to 6 months from submitting visa application documents to the entrance to Japan or start of classes.

From Application to entering Japan


Submission of application documents and payment of Application fee

Submit all of the required documents for application to the campus of MANABI you wish to enter, and wire transfer the assessment fee to the designated bank account by the due date.

Screening your application by MANABI

After receiving the documents, the application will be accepted or rejected based on document review and screening. If you are accepted, you will submit your application documents to the Immigration Services Bureau.

Submit to the Immigration Services Bureau

A “Certificate of Eligibility” will be issued to those who have been approved after examination by the Immigration Services Bureau.

Issuance of COE and “Letter of Acceptance”, tuition fee payment

We will send The Certificate of Eligibility and Letter of Acceptance.After the Bureau of Immigration screens and examine the application documents, a Certificate of Eligibility will be issued. Please proceed with your payment of admission fee and tuition by bank transfer or through the tuition fee payment service provided by Flywire after COE is issued to you. We will send COE, “Letter of Acceptance” and recent schedule for entering MANABI after your payment is confirmed.

Visa Application

Apply for your student visa at the Embassy or Consulate of Japan. Students wishing to stay in the school dormitory or to be picked up should submit an application form by the specified date.

VISA Issuance

Please inform us know the information about your flight to Japan and contacts in Japan as well.

Entering Japan, and admission to MANABI

Orientation and Start of Class. Please note that the application documents and other requirements differ depending on the conditions of the applicant.

For Those Who Consider to Study from 2weeks-3 Months

You can enter and study with “Short-Term” visa if you wish to study in a short period such as between 2 weeks to 3 months.
Period of stay you can stay with short-term visa depends on the nationality of the applicant or other conditions.
Applicants coming from countries or areas which have visa waiver program with Japan don’t have to apply for a short-term visa.
※Please note that applicants may not be permitted to enter to Japan even though they come from countries with having that program due to the applicant’s conditions or situations. Pay special attention if you have a history of long-term stay just before entering Japan.

Applicants may be requested to have a guarantor or submit a letter of invitation by the Japan Embassy or Consulate in some countries or regions. Please consult to us if it happened

Working Holiday

Based on agreements between Japan and other countries / areas, “Working Holiday Visa” can be issued for young people to provide opportunities to understand cultures and lifestyles of others. This is based on the system that countries permit those to do activities during the certain period of vacation and work to compensate for his/her living expenses.