Student Support | Japanese Language lnstitute MANABI



MANABI’s Scholarship

MANABI’s Special Award Scholarship

Graduation Day
NAGANO Campus Tokyo Campus Total 2,500,000JPY
  • Enrolled for more than one year on a student visa.
  • Determined at the selection meeting.
  • Recommendations from Academic Affairs and Administration.
  • Excellent grades and attendance, exemplary student.

Famous University admission scholarship


The University of Tokyo


Kyoto University / Osaka University


Hokkaido University/Tohoku University/Hitotsubashi University/Nagoya University/Kyushu University /Tokyo University of the Arts/ Institute of Technology


(National)Tsukuba University / Ochanomizu University/ Tokyo University of Foreign StudiesTohoku University / Chiba University /Kobe University

(Private) Waseda University/Keio University / Sophia University


(National) Saitama University /Yokohama National University/ Shinshu University

(Private)Meiji University/ Chuo University / Aoyamagakuin University/Rikkyo University/ Tama Art University/ Musashino Art University /Hosei University/Tokyo University of Science

Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship
for Privately-Financed International Students

360,000JPY a Year30,000JPY/mos.×12mos.)
  • Good grades and attendance rate
  • Applicant for further education
  • Recommendation from school
    ※※5 to 6 students per year

Part-time job support

Our school provides training on how to write a resume, find a part-time job, have an interview, and Japanese manners to those who wish to work part-time in Japan. Even if you are not confident in your Japanese, with our support, you can start your life in Japan with peace of mind.

Permission of activity outside scope

◆Students with a student visa are required to obtain a “Permission to Engage in Activity other than that Permitted under the Status of Residence Previously Granted” in order to work part-time in Japan. If you do not receive a “Permission to Engage in Activity other than that Permitted under the Status of Residence Previously Granted” at the Immigration Bureau when you enter Japan, you will not be able to start working immediately after entering Japan.

◆Even if you have a “Permission to Engage in Activity other than that Permitted under the Status of Residence Previously Granted,” you are not allowed to engage in work that is prohibited for international students, such as work related to the adult entertainment industry.

◆When you graduate or leave school, your permission to engage in activities other than those permitted under the status of residence previously granted becomes invalid, and you are no longer allowed to work part-time. If you continue to work part-time, it is considered illegal employment and you will be punished severely.

Hours you can work

◆Students are allowed to work part-time up to 28 hours per week. During long school vacations such as spring, summer, and winter vacations, you can work up to 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week within the scope of the Labor Standards Law.

Resume writing support

◆Writing a resume in Japanese can be very difficult if you are new to the country. For those who have just arrived in Japan, we will teach you from scratch what to write, where to write it, and in what order. Once you have learned how to look for a part-time job, the next step is to practice for the interview.

Support for interview practice

◆We practice what is often asked in interviews, tone of voice, facial expressions, etc., so that you can pass the interview. During the practice, we will also teach you about the unique culture of Japan, such as how to sit on a chair, how to enter a room, and how to bow. If you know this, you will have no trouble at your part-time job or after you find a job in Japan.

Foreign Student Insurance

Foreign Student Insurance

All students enrolled in our school with a student visa are covered by the Japanese Language Institute Co-0peration Foreign Student Plan. This insurance covers you in case of illness or accident, so you can enjoy your life in Japan with peace of mind.

National Health Insurance・National pension

◆If you are enrolled in a school with a college student visa, you are required to join the “National Health Insurance” program. “The Japanese government will cover 70% of your medical expenses under the National Health Insurance. At the same time, you are required to join the “Japanese Language Institute Co-0peration Foreign Student Plan.”

◆Anyone over the age of 20 who resides in Japan is obligated to pay premiums for the National Pension Plan, even if they are a foreigner. Failure to pay this may result in inconveniences such as not being able to apply for a visa change.

◆When you go to the hospital for a cold, an injury, a toothache, etc., if you have a National Health Insurance Card, you only have to pay 30% of the medical expenses you have to bear. The premiums vary depending on the area you live in, but those who have no income from the previous year can enroll for about 1,000 yen per month. If you have no income in the previous year, you can enroll for about 1,000 yen per month. When you enroll for health insurance, please apply for a reduction or exemption of the premium. If you do not apply for a reduction, the monthly premium will be about 3,000 yen.