About Application

QIs there an age limit to apply for the courses?
Please notice that the age limit varies for different programs. For one who obtains a long duration student visa with the intent to enter a Japanese vocational school or university, please make sure that a 12-year educational curriculum is required.
QI will graduate from high school soon. Can I still apply for a student visa?
MANABI accepts student’s application before his/her final graduation from high school, with the additional submission of a graduate schedule.

About School

QCan I get a certificate after finishing my study?
Certificate can be issued if certain requirements of test results and attendance are fulfilled. The content of certificate varies in different programs.
QAre there any scholarship?
We are sorry that no scholarship can be applied during the admission application period. But there are scholarships that you can apply for in your second year at MANABI.

About Accommodation

QIs there any dormitories?
Yes. And we can introduce companies that provide dormitories for foreign students in accordance with your requests. You can also apply for the dormitory that is set up by our cooperating companies through us.
QCan somebody in school be a guarantor for me renting an apartment?
Please consult with us if you are told to find a guarantor. Due to owners’ different situations, guarantor may be cancelled in some situations.

About Transportation

QCan I buy a commutation-ticket with a student discount?
Students who have a student visa can buy a commutation-ticket for Toei Subway, Toei Bus, and Tokyo Toei with a student discount. Since a school-issued certificate is needed, please apply it through our school office. Students who do not have a student visa are not available to buy a commutation-ticket with student discount.
QCan I go to school through by bicycle?
Yes, you can. But since there is parking restriction, please apply a permit at our school office. 500 yen returnable deposit is needed.

About Job and Career

QI want to enter a vocational school after finishing my study in MANABI? Are there any academic counselors in MANABI?
MANABI has teachers in charge of academic path counseling. Please feel free to consult with us about the selection of schools and the preparation of application materials.
QIs it possible for me to seek a job in Japan after finishing my study in MANABI?
For getting a working visa in Japan, it is necessary to have a bachelor degree in your country, and a contract of employment in Japan. If you don’t have a bachelor degree, a Japanese university or vocational school degree is needed as an alternative educational background for seeking a job.
QCan MANABI help me to apply a working visa after finishing my study?
MANABI cannot help students to apply working visas. Please start your job-seeking before your graduation.


QCan I work for a part-time job?
For those who have a student visa can receive the “Permission to Engage in Other Activity” from the Immigration Bureau for seeking a part-time job. After receiving the permission, a student will be allowed to work for a maximum of 28 hours per week. During long vacations, this limit changes to a maximum of 8 hours per day (40 hours per week). But please note that some part-time jobs are prohibited for foreign students.
QHow can I find a part-time job?
First of all, you can check the school’s bulletin board for part-time job information. You can also find information from the “Hello Work” magazine (free), or advertisement for recruitment that publish in a newspaper or at the station.
QHow can I make friends with Japanese people?
MANABI put our best efforts for seeking such opportunities. We also recommend our students communicate more with their neighbors and part time job's coworkers, and participate more in regional activities to make more friends.
QHow can I open a bank account in Japan?
For those who take a long duration visa (more than 1 year) can open a bank account at Japan Post Bank as soon as their arrival. The bank account also allows you to apply for a Japanese cell phone. On the other hand, other banks other than Japan Post Bank are permitted after 6 months of your arrival in most cases. Please consult with us if you really need to open another bank account.
QCan I withdraw money in Japan by using the bank account created in my country?
VISA, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, China UnionPay can be used in Japan. You can withdraw money from the above cards from the 7-11’s ATM that with a mark of “Plus” or “Cirrus”. You can also use VISA, VISAELECTRON, PLUS, MasterCard, Maestro, Cirrus, American Express, Diners Club, JCB, China UnionPay, DISCOVER in Japan Post Bank ATMs. *The above list is subject to change.